Any tips n tricks for breast feeding/pumping breast milk?

Hi mummies. I'm a ftm and im not sure on breast feeding. I've tried but is difficult for me to get a good latch... and I'm not able to express out much milk either. but i want to be able to express more milk... i just gave birth on the 12th April. any mummies have advises n tips for me??

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Congratulations mummy! You've only given birth 2 days ago so don't worry too much & try to rest up. Milk takes a couple days to come in (mine took 3-4 days) and the amount at first will be minimal but very nutritious (colostrum). Latching also will take some time, mine took 2 weeks to latch properly. Just keep on trying and if you're worried just feed baby expressed milk via syringe or cup. Power pumping means pump 20min - rest 10min - pump 10 - rest 10 - pump 10. That will help increase supply. If you still have difficulty, try to find a lactation consultant. Some hospitals will have a lactation consultant visit you at the hospital. All the best and don't give up on breastfeeding! It's going to be really tough but very rewarding.

Read more