stay home mum or working mum

Hi mummies, I have a question. If your husband is earning sufficiently with extra to save every month, will you be a stay home mum or working mum? And why?

49 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I prefer to be a working mom but make sure I go back home on time to still be able to spend time with my LO. And no weekend work. I like to spend and it feels good not depending on my husband financially.

VIP Member

Unless the hubby is filthy rich with trust funds for us, then working is better cos in case he is put out of work or e couple divorce for whatever reason, then at least the wife still can be financially stable

I would prefer be a working mum but a part time job mom. Cos I wouldn’t want to rely on my Husband too much financially. And yet with a part time job, I can spend more time w my LO and cook for Husband

VIP Member

Work PT or stay home doing side business. Better to have extra cash. I will also get a helper. I prefer to stay home. Until baby gets older like 1.5yrs then probably go back to work life.

Read more

Working. Will go crazy if stay at home. I find working helps in social interaction and relevance which are impt. Best middle ground is part time job but where to find...

Super Mum

Working. Times have changed and being sahm with limited prospects is not ideal anymore. You become reliant on hubby for everything, having given up your independence and career.

Would prefer flexi part time work to cater needs for home and work. Can spend time wif kid, hv some income and to do what I love to do at work. Wish only la....

4y ago

Hi there. Is there is a chance where you can work flexibly to your own needs while having time to spend with your kid, you will be interested? I have a job available for you so do let me know! You can contact me, Coach Julius @ 90620540

Stay home mom only if the mom is herself financially independent, at least for the years that she stays at home. Reliance is no good for relationship imho

Yes, will prefer to be a SAHM mum when the kids are young and maybe pickup some part time or freelance gigs when they’re slightly older.

Part time work. Like those a few times a week. So that i have my own income and can spend some time coaching my children