Breastfeed After Lo's TeethComes Out

Hi, mummies, how you survive from direct latch after bb teeth come out? I guess my bb teeth coming out soon.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You both will get used to nursing with the new teeth. It took me a few weeks and making sure he didn’t get lazy when he latched. Any time he bites try not to over react. Just a firm no and unlatch the baby. Then try again later, so they understand. Usually happens when he’s done drinking at the end of the feed, so watch for this or if I try to offer and he’s not hungry. Good luck!!

Read more
VIP Member

I just carry on and pray that my girl doesn’t bite. But sometimes she does and there’s really nothing I can do 😂 One time I growled because of the shock and she got so scared that she cried 🤣

VIP Member

I usually just endure it. Thank God my girl hardly do it unless she is really tired and fall into deep sleep latching. So what I did was if i sense she is about to fall into deep sleep, i unlatch her

VIP Member

Hey, I think it will get better with time as the baby will gradually get used to the teething and will not bite

Super Mum

Actually, if baby has learnt how to suck properly, even after the teeth come out, baby still won’t bite you:)

VIP Member

Yup. Take time for u n baby to get used. First few weeks quite painful but will get better

VIP Member

I cannot do something about it. Sometimes I just cry because of pain from biting.

Just bear with it. It will get better

TapFluencer

When baby bites, I stop latching.