Hi my 7mth doesn't want to eat what ever i give but only want mummy milk.. how can i convince him to eat or taste it? he is currently teething i think cause 1 teeth below come out already beside it coming out... 4 upper teeth coming out somemore... haiyooo... so stress thinking he doesn't want to eat...

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hey mummy, don't be too worried! Before 1 year old, solids are mainly just for fun while the main source of nutrients should still be coming from milk :) It's totally okay if your child doesn't want to have solids yet, it could simply be because he's not ready yet - some ways to tell whether he's ready would be that he sits upright unsupported and shows interests in your food (eg. smacking his lips, fussing to have a bite etc). You can ease into the various foods, and prepare them however you want (traditional weaning or BLW) - but don't get discouraged if he doesn't want to eat, it takes time but they are smart so they won't starve themselves ;)

Read more
VIP Member

Hugs mummy. Your 7mth old is still exploring his first taste of solid so be open to introduce different food in different texture to stimulate his interest with solids. I will suggest you to start from vegetable or fruit purée that is home made as it is better to serve your baby with fresh food then processed baby food that is readily in the market. Introducing a healthy eating habit will be beneficial for your child in terms of health in the long run. Have fun cooking & exploring new options😊

Read more

You should take into consideration that many factors can affect the appetite of a baby, such as a cold or teething, which can reduce the appetite of babies for one to two weeks. Most parents are worried about deficiencies, however babies will take what is sufficient for them even if it may seem little to us. http://www.motherforlife.com/baby/0-12-months/diet/solid-food-and-purees/7945-my-baby-refuses-to-eat.thtml Have a blessed day!

Read more
8y ago

i'm just worried of the iron intake... cause my #1 ever have low iron and have to be on iron drop

For BLW, choking is rare and you turn blue rather than red. Red is gagging and it’s good sign they are learning. A lot of trust and patience is required. Never put your hand into the mouth to dig food out. If you do, it might lead to actual choking. My LO did BLW and only properly ate at 9 - 10 mths old. Below 1 yrs old main nutrients should be from milk (not food). So don’t worry too much.

Read more

It seemed like it is cos he is teething. Don't really hv to worry abt it cos they will change. Alternatively u can drag the time a little so that he will hv no choice but to go for other food available. Taking this opportunity to talk to him and educate him.

Read more
8y ago

i have to delay mummy milk or eating?

my girl doesn't eat much at 6 to 7 month also.. prefer milk.. sometime they r jus not ready yet... but for my girl, she prefer to eat on her own. so I let her blw since then

8y ago

i tried blw but always get a shock of it cause my baby gag like going to choke and in the end nothing came out... so panic will choke cause eyes and face turn red... but i see he like blw rather then puree and smash food.....

Its part of growing up and milestones..dont be overly concerned..the baby will not go hungry

6y ago

But now my boy is 2 yrs old ...still the same dowan to eat