Sick easily

Hi mummies to be. Ever since i pregnant on and off keep falling sick like sore throat cough and flu. Now 15 weeks. Do u all face the same issue? Do u all take medication or let it heal by itself? Tia!

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Pregnancy will cause your immunity to drop. So do try to avoid being in the company of people who are not feeling well and be extra careful of the food you are eating. Try to take Vitamin C, drink more water and fruits too.

Super Mum

I will try non-medicine methods. If it doesn’t work, see doctor to get pregnancy safe medicine. I don’t self medicate Nor wait too Long. Don’t want those germs in my body to affect my baby either

I was sick in early pregnancy, around week 4. Did not take medicine and slowly recover with more rest and water. Since then, i have been drinking a lot of water and eating more veg and fruits.

Hey, Yes it is normal during early stages of pregnancy. Have of water and include fruits and juices in your diet and rest well

VIP Member

Yes, some mummies to be do fall sick easily. Go to the clinic for consultation and take medications prescribed by the doctor

VIP Member

Yes! But I still take medicine. But if you can endure the pain and illness, you may just take honey to ease it

VIP Member

I think immune system is weak during pregnancy. Paracetamol is safe and honey lemon juice works for my cough.

VIP Member

We feel u mummy. Normally i just let it heal by itself. Take care ya mummy.

VIP Member

I drank honey lemon. did not really take any meds throughout my preggy

Yeah, i let it heal by itself and drink plenty of warm water :)