Swaddling

Hi mommies out there.. my 2mths old LO doesnt want to be swaddled, always trying to free herself but she cant sleep well if we dont swaddle her. Is this normal? What should i do?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Sounds like my LO... You mention that she can't sleep well.. Do you mean that she always startle herself due to her moro reflex? Sleep sack is like a wearable blanket but it won't help to prevent the moro reflex.. Unless you are buying sleepsack swaddle, then it can help. What I did was I use 'houdini swaddle' method for my LO to prevent her from escaping.

Read more

Most babies outgrow swaddling from 3 to 6 months, but about 4 months is the average. If your baby starts taking their arms out of the swaddle, they're getting ready to transition. If your baby can get out of the swaddle completely, it's time to stop swaddling.

I swaddled mine n when he manage to free his hands, i leave them that way.. I also let him sleep in the spring cot but move him to the normal cot when he's fully asleep. That way, u wont get tired having to keep rocking him..

Super Mum

Check if the material u used for swaddling and the clothes for baby if they are too thick that causes baby to feel too hot.. maybe u need to turn on aircond abit..

VIP Member

Yes, it is normal. Mine always breaks free and it is soooo hot. So, I stopped swaddling soon after my confinement nanny left at around 1.5 months.

Why not try to swaddle your LO but keep hands free so your LO can move a little bit. I did mine the same thing & it worked.

My LO didn’t wanna b swaddle already at a week😁😂 you can try the swaddle with zips it works for my LO

VIP Member

My LO is ok to be swaddled so Long as his hands are free Maybe u can give it a try

Super Mum

We gave up swaddling bubs at 2.5 weeks cos she always manage to break free 😅

VIP Member

My 2mth LO oso doesnt like to be swaddle. So we jus free her off 🤣