Prenatal Supplements

Hi Mommies, My gynae advised me to take only folic acid and iron tablets throughout my whole pregnancy and no need anything else as she finds it not really necessary. Of course I do need to eat food with other important vitamins or nutrients. May I know if any of you is the same as my case? In fact I still feel bad not taking any others (I've already delivered my daughter a month ago).

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I only took folic acid in the first trimester. Didn’t take any other supplements. Children are healthy:) as long as you eat well, you don’t need supplements

4y ago

May I know if u watch your diet strictly during pregnancy as you didn't take other supplements just like me? For example you make sure u eat food with calcium, omega 3, DHA, iodine or whatever said to be important for mommies and babies?

VIP Member

It's fine, your gynae should know best. That said I remember taking multi vits though, check with your gynae on your next visit(:

4y ago

Thank you so much... I shall not worry anymore though... 😊

Hi, I think it is good to follow what your gynae has consulted. But just to be double sure, you can talk to your gynae about this

4y ago

Thank you so much for your reply. I did spoke to her regarding my concerns and she still replied the same which is that it's not necessary to take so many supplements. I do hope my baby is all good.

VIP Member

I too didnt take any supplements throw out my pregnancy.. doc never recommended me ...

Super Mum

Same. I only took folic acid and calcium tablets. Just eat what my gynae gave.

4y ago

Thank you so much for your reply... Perhaps because many mommies take a lot other supplements that are good for babies n mommies themselves therefore I felt like I didn't do enough...

TapFluencer

Should have take fish oil too are you breastfeeding now?

I took folic acid, fish oil, calcium and iron .

VIP Member

Took fish oil and calcium tablets as well

VIP Member

don't worry, will be fine (:

4y ago

Thank you so much I'm feeling better now...