Prenatal vitamins

My doc only told me to take folic acid, did not mention anything about prenatal vitamins. Is it ok if I take prenatal vitamins anyway? #firstmom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did, but I checked with the doctor to see if it's ok because the prenatal vitamins also contain additional folic acid. The Dr didn't seem too concerned and thinks it's optional. Guess she also goes by my blood test results to see what I need for supplements. Dr. seems to advice eating a balanced healthy meal to get the nutrition I need, but imo, not always possible with my nausea and vomiting. Bring your prenatal vitamins and check in with your Dr at the next visit!

Read more
3w ago

I took both in the end as my prescribed was 5mg, and the prenatal vitamins had 800 mcg. The Dr thinks 800mcg isn't much anyway. But when I entered the second trimester, I only took the prenatal vitamins.

Yes I did continue to take. I take DHA and calcium as well. My gynae told me it’s okay to take first too. Usually gynae will prescribe you multi vitamin, DHA and calcium after week 12. If you have any concern, you can check with your gynae!

TapFluencer

yes u can