Symphilis Pubic Dysfunction (SPD)

Hi mommies, any of u ever heard of this pain and what is the sign of it? I still have the pelvic joint pain and i hope mine is not the SPD.i had a sharp pain when turn over my body/leg on bed and coming out from bed. Will be okay wheb i seat for few hours and thebpain come backnwheb ibstarted tibstand up and start walking. Will be having my check up in 3 weeks time then only i will get advise from my gynae. Hope mommies out there will willing to share ur experience here.

1 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

Hi. It is actually called as symphysis pubis diastesis(spd). It is due to hormone relaxin during pregnancy. There's a cartilage(like tulang rawan ayam) that connect the front of our pelvic bone together. The hormon causes that area to become relaxed in order to prepare for birth later, but in some people, including me, it causes a lot of discomfort and pain. I'm unable to walk for long distance, pain while getting up from sitting or lying down. U can try pregnancy belt to help ease the pressure or weight of pregnant uterus. Warm pack on the pubis area also helpful. It usually resolved after giving birth, but if the problem persist, the doctors will order an x ray to see whether there's problem with the pelvic bone

Baca lagi