Helper-less

My mil has been helping to take care of my baby while my hub and I work. As she will be leaving us soon, we are wondering how we could possibly cope. Is a helper really necessary? How do those without helpers cope?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

You can try to manage on your own for a few days and see if you can handle it, to me getting a helper was a life saver. Depends on how big your house is, how much chores you need to do daily, how neat you want the house to be also. I can't stand the house being dirty or messy so the helper took a huge load of stress off my back.

Read more

Helper is Not necessary in all cases. Though A trained and reliable helper is a big help. In case you can’t get one, day care or relying on family members is the next best choice. Carefully choose the day care and monitor how they are doing regularly to Ensure the child is well taken care of..

Helper would definitely be useful if both your hubby and you are really busy with work. Some people can cope because they have better management skills I guess. Maybe you can try coping initially and if it's really too taxing, send to infant care or a nanny?

Necessary or not, it depends on both you and your husband’s schedules. If it is tough to allocate time for all the nitty gritty of housework and fetching the kids, having a live-in helper will help a lot.

Hi, It very much depends on the working timings of both of you. Hence I suggest, discuss this with each other, and if both of you are busy and have longer work timings, it is better to have a helper

TapFluencer

It really depends on your preference. One option to consider is to get a part time helper to help with the housework while you take care of your baby. Are you planning of going back to work?

I would opt for infantcare rather than a helper. It takes time to train a helper to take care of baby and u might not have sufficient time to gauge if the helper is up for the task.

Are you worried about who will take care of.baby or housework? Housework, it depends on whether both of you are willing to split the load else get a part time helper?

VIP Member

Hi... if you and your hubby cannot cope with housework and taking care of LO, please get a live-in helper

VIP Member

Those without helpers will send their baby to infant care or you could look for a nanny near your house.

5y ago

Yes, but how about after work? How do u cope with fetching and bathing baby, cooking etc alone?