Jaundice

My MIL asked me bathe my NB with jaundice with Guinness stout.. Any advise? Medical approval? Anybody tried before?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Not advisable. Sunning also advised against by doctors. Keep the baby hydrated. If breastmilk is insufficient, top up with formula. Jaundice will clear faster. The more your baby poops, the better. And go for the regular checkups to ensure jaundice level is coming down

VIP Member

Pls don't!! I have a relative the confinement lady bathe it with Guinness stout in the end.. Its irritates the baby skin. The skin condition is really bad till pus come out. Baby skin are very sensitive and soft. Pls seek a doctor or something before doing anything

You can buy a shower herb from TCM shop . I can’t remember what’s the name of it but I am sure it works well and no harm . Just make sure baby’s milk consumption is consistent and poop or pee often . This will help to clear the jaundice .

Don’t ! Am hearing this for the first time and it doesn’t sound good. Baby’s skin is very delicate , don’t bathe him in stout ! My NB too had slight jaundice , I used to give him Vit D drops upon paediatrician’s instructions.

VIP Member

Please don't do that. Baby's skin is still very soft and sensitive and we won't know what will happen if contact with alcohol. Furthermore it is not scientific proven. Be on the safe side, don't risk anything unsure with your LO.

VIP Member

Not advisable to use Guinness stout as it is not medically proven. U can let ur baby have mild sun-tanning for 5 to 10 mins daily, just by putting ur baby near the window with diaper on and eyes covered up.

Super Mum

Just because the skin color is affected doesn't mean it's a skin problem, jaundice is internal problem and only fixed by phototherapy or sunlight exposure. Pretty sure any type of bath won't help

No... Don't do that. U buy jaundice flower from Chinese medicine shop. Soak it, get the concentrated water and shower baby with that. It's effective.

TapFluencer

Unless there is medical proof of using Guinness stout, don’t. Recommend you check it out online so you have proof to present to your mil

VIP Member

Ya, I was told the same but I don't dare to try as it is alcohol after all. Baby might accidentally drink it which is worse.