NB jaundice level 150

My NB jaundice level 150, today is his 3rd day. Doctor said this level is high and need phototherapy. Is it really that high?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My nb also have same jaundice level 150 hospital said consider low level but need to have a follow up check up at polyclinic as per advise at the hospital after 3 day discharge we brought my baby at polyclinic to monitor and check the level of her jaundice and went down to 124 and after a week it went down to 64 so polyclinic discharge my baby for keep coming back as she dont have jaundice anymore.

Read more

Yes. Just go for phototherapy. Mine went on 2nd day and was discharged the next day. Although can be very heartbreaking to see your baby in the lightbox but it will help alot. Stay strong mommy.

doctor knows best 🙂 had to leave baby in the hospital for phototherapy session for 1 day (total of 3 days ) and baby can be discharged the next day ☺️

yes it is indeed quite high for 3rd day. my baby’s levels spiked on 2nd day and went for 2D1N phototherapy

VIP Member

It is they have a chart for baby to not go over it better to do what doctor recommends

Better to be safe and do phototherapy. My girl had to do too. Jiayou! 💪🏻

yes. quite high