Lo is already 11 months going 12 months still haven talk ,haven sit properly for 5mins without support and haven crawl is it normal ? I m so worried for her ,people around tell me 6months most of the kids will do everything and mine still not yet

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My LO spoke 1 word at about 15 months, couldn’t crawl till about 1 year old. Sitting for 5 minutes is very long for that age. Their attention span isn’t so long. My LO could only walk properly at 16 months, said “Mama” appropriately only close to 2 years old. Now, at 3 yrs +, she talks non stop and uses big words and makes long sentences. She runs and hops and climbs up and down stairs as though it’s the most fun thing in the world. Don’t look at other people’s babies. Look at medical guidelines for developmental milestones (health booklet, paediatric websites) and just focus on your own cute baby:) Everyone is different, and that makes each baby special!

Read more

Every baby growing at a different stage, we do not ever differentiate our child to another and do not get pressured by other people babies if they can do things but your baby can't. By 12 months there should be a check up for your baby. All is well

Mine 16 months dun know how to crawl. Started walking steady only. When he sit on the floor he dun know how to stand up by his own. Is normal. If worry let doc asset. Abit slower but is ok. He is active and talk alot.

depend on individual LOs, whether fast or slow learner. my LO still hasn't self feed which I am most worried. don't be too stressed :)

don't worry. it depends on individual. my boy is also going 12 months and he can't sit properly for 5 mins too.

Haven talk is very normal. I would suggest u bring ur lO to have a check to have a peace of mind

If there’s any upcoming developmental checkups for your LO, can check with the nurse / doctor?

VIP Member

Do not worry about it mummy. Every child grow and develop at their own pace.

Talk to the pediatrician for better opinion. We are not medical professionals.

VIP Member

its okay, different baby different times. just dont underestimate them.