8 weeks and still don’t see embryo

Hi, my LMP is 17th May, so by right I should be 8 weeks now. But my period usually delays for about 1-2 weeks (~40days cycle), and I did home test on 26th and 27th June, both negative. I tried again on 28th June and only then I found an ultra faint line. I had a scan on 8th July and doc said the sac is still too small, looks like 4 week size. I got a scan again on 14th July and doc still unable to find embryo, and suggest me to wait for another 10 days to get another scan. So while waiting I’m super anxious now. Is it because my cycle is longer so the LMP calculation method is not accurate?

8 weeks and still don’t see embryo
14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Be patient. Kind of happened to me too. Period was late (usually differ by 2-7days). Did the kit at home and indicate pregnant. Went to a clinic that can scan, hoping to see a bb, but the doc scan and says there's nothing inside. Throwing me from heaven to hell. Told me to wait and monitor myself too (bleeding etc). So I waited about 2 weeks, didn't go clinic but directly to Kkh. I hear heartbeat. 💗

Read more

Mine at 5 wks can see gestational sac.. but now i did scan supposingly 7 wks but doc said cant see baby.. scan indicate 6 wks.. im gonna have to wait a week or two as well for another scan. If no baby still then its a MC for me. Maybe urs is still 4 wks. Still small.. just have to wait out or get 2nd opinion at a diff doc. Goodluck. =)

Read more
Super Mum

My cycle is abt 36 days.. so the normal calculation is not accurate.. on my first scan, I'm suppose to be like 6 wks.. but bb is only 5 wks.. my gynae say it's normal because of long cycle days. Later part after a few more scan, the baby growth will be steady and u can know u edd..

VIP Member

Baby is usually a bit too small to be seen early on in the first few weeks. Be patient for the next scan, hopefully can see baby by then!

VIP Member

Probably as your gynecologist determine your pregnancy to be only 4 weeks. Be patient and have faith

Hi, Please be patient and think positive. It is all fine. You are 4 weeks pregnant

Patience dear, hope all is well. Dont stress so much!

VIP Member

just wait the next test, don't worry too much.

VIP Member

Maybe wait for the next test, should be fine(:

VIP Member

Be patient and wait for next scan.