no fetal pole???

hi first time mummy here, went for first check up and did transvaginal ultrasound, gestational sac and yolk sac seen but no fetal pole, according to lmp which was 25th feb, i should be around 6 weeks but then again my cycle days on average is 34 days so it would be around 5 weeks? but was really panic when dr says the baby might not be growing ??aand then he says i might jus miscalculated my lmp and need to do the scan again in 2 weeks time. now im like so depress, i just hope my little angel is developing well.Any mummies went through the same experience and end up good?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Had a similar experience at my “6weeks” scan too. Didn’t see anything at all and was indirectly told by gynae to “be prepared” that the pregnancy might not be viable. He scheduled me for a more detailed scan a week later (around week 7). However, less than a week later I had some spotting and went for an urgent scan and everything turned out fine - saw baby and heard a strong heartbeat. Gynae put me on HL to rest and all seems fine now (10weeks). Don’t loose hope!

Read more
VIP Member

I couldn’t see much at 6 weeks too. The gestational sac looked almost empty (it’s my second pregnancy and I didn’t recall experiencing the same for my first pregnancy so it was worrying too). But 2 weeks later, you could clearly see the baby developing well. Now I am at 34 weeks with a good sized baby that’s growing well! Don’t let the first scan stress you out too much. Eat some hard boil eggs to supplement baby’s growth (egg yolks are very nutritious!) all the best 💕

Read more

The exact same thing happened to me. The 2 week wait felt like a lifetime and we could only pray. Turns out I had ovulated late, and we did see a tiny developing bean during the next visit. Today, we are 19 weeks and counting. Stay positive, it’s what kept me going during the uncertainty. Sending my best wishes!

Read more
VIP Member

Me too 8th week and its empty. I got so depressed!!! Waiting for one more week to go for another check up to see if bb is hiding. I hope he/she is and i can hear his/her heartbeat!!! I'm praying for another miracle. So... was it a successful pregnancy? I really do hope it is for u AND for me..

3y ago

How was the result?

VIP Member

Don't worry so much, be positive! It might be you ovulate late that month.

Hello same here im 10 weeks now but no fetal pole

How did your next check up go?

5y ago

This is such GREAT news! Congratulations and enjoy your little bundle of joy soon!

same here im 8 weeks

Same tyo sis...

Super Mum

Stay positive

4y ago

Awww. Congrats!