Stroller on escalator

Do you know u r not suppose to put/use stroller on escalator?

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some people still do it. Well, as long as they carry the baby. It's fine! Can't help it, waiting for the lift is one thing, with all those irresponsible people using the lift and never give way for those in need is another thing. Yeah, some might say "Just wait." Honey, wait till your in that scenario and you'll understand. I don't blame them, if there is nothing that could harm the baby... Just leave them alone. Sometimes, it's good to not stick our nose to where it doesn't belong.

Read more
Super Mum

Usually there r do's n don't's labels near e escalators to remind users... from a systems based approach, Govt has mandated monthly maintenance to ensure the escalators r in good working condition ... but end of the day... it's still abt the users n general public who may not use them correctly... only takes 1 accident to leave a lifetime trauma!

Read more
VIP Member

Personally I feel it's safer to use the lifts but most people use the escalator out of convenience. Didnt know there was a rule for this though...

VIP Member

But what to do, if the lift always full and never reach your turn, especially at the middle floor.

Yes, but still do it sometimes for convenience especially if Husband is around. 😳

TapFluencer

I know it's not advisable or allowed, but we became pros at using the escalator 🙈

TapFluencer

Best use the lift instead of the escalator. Or carry baby when using the escalator

VIP Member

Yes. I’m still having phobia with stroller on escalator so 100% lift.

Thank you for the advise. Noted that it is dangerous.

VIP Member

Yes .. we always use lifts with stroller ..