Strollers on an escalator. Yay or nay? I see parents do it all the time - it freaks me out but am I being over paranoid?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

NAY NAY NAY NAY. It's dangerous, it's risky and a big fat no. I would rather queue and walk a detour to the lift than risk an accident. Especially with a squirming baby in the stroller, what if your baby somehow manages to drop and roll down the steps? Or if the escalator comes to a sudden stop and people jerk forward, hitting your stroller? I can come up with 101 crazy freak scenarios which I don't wanna risk my son in and lifts are there for a reason so use it.

Read more

Taking a stroller on an escalator can be risky. In fact, many escalators ban the use of any wheeled device on the escalator. if you do not have another option, you can use the tips in this article to take your stroller on the escalators more safely. http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Stroller-on-an-Escalator

Read more

mmm, would personally opt for the elevator. I mean, escalators could screw up. Remember the china incident? but idk ah honestly, convenience always trumps everything else. Like if takes you 2 seconds vs 1 minute to get up the floor. Most people would take the 2 seconds!

There are significant safety issues with strollers and escalators so better safe than sorry on this. Even escalator provider, Kone is against it as seen here. http://www.kone.com/en/sustainability/safety-and-accessibility/end-user-safety/escalator-dos-and-donts/

I agree with Nooraini. Try to avoid strollers on escalators whenever possible. If you have the option of a lift, always should choose that. Infact, I would say avoid strollers in any congested or crowded place where there are chances of a stampede.

I definitely preferred to use the elevator if there was one available. But, whenever I used the stroller, I'd normally have someone with me, so one of us would carry the stroller and one would carry the baby when using escalators!

Medyo nakakatakot nga makakita ng ganun what if kasi mabitawan o masira hawakan ng stroller baka mahulog si baby katakot

TapFluencer

Best to use lift rather than escalator. Or please carry your baby when using the escalator to be safe

Mas maganda po na icarry muna si baby pag sa escalator. Ndi natin alam ang pede mangyari e.

Better to use lift. Dont take the risk like other parents do.