I've always seen so much positive and sweet reactions/responses from husbands when their wives announce their pregnancy or even say, "I think I am pregnant (again)." My husband's reaction is always negative. He always ends up stress and angry with no mood. The first time we got pregnant was before we even tie the knot and he got very unhappy. He was very short tempered and he faced a problem at work. He got verbal and almost threw a chair to his boss. He was then suspended and eventually dismissed. We eventually had an abortion as both of us felt that we were not ready. A year on, we got pregnant again and he told his parents who then told us to tie the knot officially. After we gave birth to firstborn, he kept saying that he wanted another child to try for another gender as everyone keeps telling him that maybe next one is the other gender. But everytime I get pregnant, he ends up in hyper stress mode and he keep having second thoughts n unhappy about it. His response is always so negative.. never has it been a positive reaction. And i always regret telling him. Especially when it is not confirmed or just a fals alarm.. like "I think I am pregnant again." I just thought I tell him so he can be prepared but seems it is the wrong move. Makes me feel sad all the time. Like we are a burden and unwanted. Please tell me that I am not alone and that this negative reaction is normal.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can understand how you feel. From what you described, his long term negativity thoughts and anger management could cause conflict in the long run. Not sure if all along he is like this but I would suggest to protect yourself from being pregnant. When you got pregnant for the second time, did he really want to get married, or it was purely his parents who suggested it and went along? For trying second child, apparently it seems like he wants it just because someone says it will be a different gender, it don't seems practical to me from the way why he wants another child. Do not forget there is always 50% chance of boy or girl, he/she is still your kids. If the second child gender same as first, what is he going to do? Get stressed up and angry again? I don't think he is ready for parenthood, and he wants child for wrong reasons. When I got pregnant for the second time accidentally, I was very stressed up. My chest was very tight whenever I start thinking of how to juggle a newborn and a school going kid, and husband seems stressed because of sales target, and his mum is unwell at the same time. Eventually we choose to terminate. It was a hard decision but I believe we are being responsible for our current family by being happier and less stressed up...

Read more

I think that u should give ur husband some slack and consider that he might have some issues with regard to handling his own emotion and it's not about u or the pregnancy but that he just has such a tendency to be over-dressed about things? Could he be suffering from depression or anger management issues? Throwing a chair is really not acceptable in any scenario in a work setting. Maybe he needs professional help? I guess everyone will be upset if it was a false alarm and since u know his character then wait till it really is then say - there is no harm to just waiting to pee on the stick to confirm it right? If u think about it on the other hand, it could also because u all are too important to him and he overthinks about the responsibilities and stuff then he become like that. No one is a burden here yar. It's just the way a person is trained to think so in this case he is generally a easier to stress and be negative person so just don't take it personally and try to help him

Read more

You are not alone. When i found out i was pregnant. I wasnt please either. In fact, i was so upset. The firat thing that cane to my mind was to abort. As for my husband, he was terribly stressed out. Time wasnt right. We had no house nor were we financially doing okay. Eventually as time passed, we managed to accept the pregnancy. For my second child, i never cared about him, the minute he was born i didnt like him. But now, he is my everything. Till date hubby says, our kids are our responsibility, if we dont love them, who would? I hope you feel better soon. Maybe your hub is stressed out, having a baby can indeed be overwhelming.

Read more
VIP Member

Pregnancies is about two person accepting it not just the woman, For the men, they will need to accept and know that upon this discovery of this pregnancy, a whole lot of responsibility is landing on them. Thus it's not easy for them to accept it just instantly, For me, i was okay with both pregnancies. Upon the 3rd baby, after i discovered it, i was shocked and in denial. i refuse to accept this reality. I refuse to accept this baby. My husband tried to talk to me constantly but i was still unable to accept it even after seeing the gynae 2 times. Lately, i have been slowly trying to accept the whole pregnancy thing. Slowly but surely.

Read more
7y ago

Babies are a blessing. I hope you will keep the baby and love him or her.