My in-laws just got their new home done. Can anybody suggest any house warming gifts?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If they are religious you can gift them Swarovski studded idol of God or a Goddess. Else you can gift some hand made painting, if you are good at at or gift say, 30 or 40 pots with different varieties of flowers or plants in them. If they like reading, gift them books by their favourite authors. You can also present a nice collage of pictures of them and all of you kids and grandkids along with them in each pic. Material things they anyway can buy and must have bought to fill the home, but I think a personalised gesture would real mean a lot. I suggest, even if the gift is small or big but should have your personal involvement in it.

Read more

You can gift her a terrarium made by you. It will add some greenery to the house and will definitely make her happy :) Here is a link which will help you in making the terrarium -- http://inhabitat.com/diy-how-to-make-your-own-green-terrarium-to-keep-or-give-away-for-the-holidays/

Read more

what about some beautiful corner lamps? depending on the type of furniture they have, you can also get them a nice rug to go with it, or some beautiful cushions. some other things you could consider are multiple picture frames with happy memories that will make them smile :)

How about a fancy name plate for the door? You can also get a ceiling lampshade for the corner of the hall room. These are quite a trend nowdays. My cousin did up his house with one of them....looks fantastic.

How about a nicely framed family photo collage. You can bring some old memories in it and this would definitely feel her nostalgic.

Why dont u ask them? In case they need specific things

Any gift you can offer