Just ranting.. I currently live with my in-laws. Will be shifting to a new home soon, but pil will be shifting with us. Actually, I am not looking forward to living with them. I need my privacy and to do things my way. But living with them, although in husband and my name, somehow still got to accommodate to their needs and wants. ? Anyone in a similar situation?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to look at it this way. Your house you call the shots. Of course u still have to respect them as elders etc. But u will be the one staying master bed room etc. Hope that gives u some comfort.

VIP Member

whoooooo. Why are your pils shifting in with you? Do they have a house? Have to find a way to tackle this issue. First thing, how many kids you have? Secondly how big is your house

Read more
7y ago

Well, current flat is co-owned by husband and fil. Applied for a 4room bto, fil unable to pay husband cpf back to keep current flat. so all have to move together. 1 kid at the moment.

Get ur hubby to talk to them. Your house, your rule. They are no longer owners but occupants. But honestly, old ppl very hard to have the “occupant” mindset.

I MAY be in the same situation with you where my MIL will be moving in with me. I alr can't stand living with her. esp not when i finally have my own house?!

7y ago

It is quite sian. You will never have your own system.

Tricky, maybe you can talk to your husband so that your husband can talk to your pil.

VIP Member

think of the bright side..u can go out for date nights