I am in my fourth month of pregnancy and I am going through a severe bout of hot flashes. Is it normal? Can anybody suggest some home remedy?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes it is very normal to experience hot flashes when you are pregnant. as your hormones are going through a lot of changes, it increases the flow of blood to your skin and makes you feel warm and hot. it may also make your skin look redder in places. wearing loose cotton clothes and drinking a lot of water and fluids will definitely help. eat light foods that are easy to digest and will not cause heat in the body

Read more

Yes, it's perfectly normal to experience hot flashes during pregnancy. I's because of the change in the hormone levels during pregnancy which increases the blood flow to the skin. Have healthy diet and increase your protein intake. Protein helps with hormone production in the body. High protein foods include meat, fish, cheese, tofu, beans, lentils, yogurt, eggs, nuts, and seeds.

Read more
Post reply image

Taking a sip of cold water with ice usually helps. Also be aware of the foods that usually trigger your hot flashes. If you notice that you get hot flashes after eating spicy foods or drinking caffeinated drinks, best to cut down on those. Breathing exercises also help if the source of your hot flashes stem from anxiety.

Read more