im a young mom at the age of 22years old but i look 16. n every time i bring my baby out with me, i get a lot of stares from people. it really hurts in a way ppl r still so judgemental... there was one lady who asked how old was i n i replied 22 she told me i was so young too young in fact. n another mom overheard n told her 21yo daughter "better study hard if not you end up like her." & fyi i WANTED to be a young mom, i didnt want to have a big generation gap with my kids yknow. i hate how ppl r saying the only reason i got married n have a kid now is bc shotgun or unplanned but in fact it isnt!! my husband n i actually alr planned to rom bc we applied bto tgt n have been tgt since we were 14yos! sigh i feel so judged every time i go out... sometimes i wish i look more "chao lao" (old looking)

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me and my husband is 26 and 28 respectively and knew each other since I'm 15 but only got together when I'm 25. We weren't married and had a planned pregnancy after 7months tgt cause we know we are meant for each other andwanted to just try early. then rom after we succeeded cause we weren't in a rush to get married and thought that getting preggers would take some time. But 3months later we got our bb girl. we look very young too cause both of us got baby face. Even at 26 people still say we look young and havent married then preggers. confirm shot gun no choice. But who cares.. my husband loves me super alot, take cares of my family so well. Im happy, he's happy. who cares if those passerby says anything. They might be unhappy themselves so going around to spread negativity. dont care them! you do you! p.s looking young, have baby face is good please. dont need spend too much money on skincare etc to look young. natural gift!!

Read more

I’m 16 when I had my first baby, it wasn’t really accidentally n I actually left the baby’s father to be a single mum because he was a burden, whenever I went out w baby, people stare. I got annoyed so I just barked at them, it works really. A few of them approached me and asked about my age I told them I was 16 n they say “so young got baby aiyoh, wasted. Hope my kids don’t end up like that”. I replied “at least my kids will grow up having a friend to confide in” I have years of experience in baby care as I took care of all the babies in my family from newborn to primary school, day n night.

Read more
VIP Member

Simply ignore. I'm 21, married with 2 kids. I had my first child when I was 20 and I am currently pregnant with my second child, due in a couple weeks time. My husband and I went to the same school. I knew him when he was 13 and we eventually started dating when we're in college. Things got serious between us and we chose to get married, have kids. Both of my pregnancies were planned. I don't really care what others think. It's my life, it's not that I ask their money to feed my kids 🙄 Lols. Remember, it's your life. Don't let others affect you! Stay strong 💪🏻

Read more

I have my first born when i was 17/18 and it was unplanned . I was abused and cheated on w my previous partner . It took me after 2 years ++ to finally able to let him go and 8 months to move on and at the age of 19 i met the loml and finally we decided to settle down this year at the age of 21 but my husband is 27 & now expecting another child . Where ever i go , people will give me that look because im 21 & i look like 18/19 . But it’s normal because people these days love to judge . If you’re happy with your life, nothing will stand in your way ...

Read more

I think you should embrace how youthful and young you look. You and your family know the facts of your marriage and pregnancy so don’t let outsiders bother you with their ignorance. I think it is wonderful that you have planned all of these milestones with your partner for such a long time. It is truly admirable. Take care!

Read more

wow. how i wished ive met my husband earlier and married earlier so that i cn be chio and strong with many kids. i married at 27 and now im 30 and pregnnt with 2nd child. i wish im younger so that my kids cn relate to me more when theyre in their teens. dont worry abt what othr ppl sae ok. you are lucky!!!! 🥳

Read more

Dont worry girl, u are not weird to be a young mom. A young mom is good as u can communicate much more better when ur child enter sec sch!! Im 36 my eldest is 16! I gave birth to him at 20 and im proud to be a young mom.. Dont care abt what others say or see u! Let them stare they're just jealous abt u 🤭🤭

Read more

Actually you will never be able to stop people from judging, even from those who do not know you. As I grow older I’ve learnt not to care much about what others think. Just ignore them - ultimately it’s your life and your choice. You don’t need to explain your life to them. Stay strong!

I’m 29 this year n still get the same looks from judgemental uncles n aunties 🙄 people who wanna judge will judge no matter how ready/old you are or whether you’re wearing a wedding band on your finger or not! Ignore them k! ❤️

TapFluencer

just ignore I'm in my 30s but I look early 20s when I bring my baby out ppl will think I'm very young mum and start giving one kind of look. don't care don't bother don't get affected