rudeness in child

My lo is 3. since young she has been wary of people esp male. it takes a long time to warm up. ppl have been saying my child not greeting have no manners. and it reflects badly on me as i never teach. but no matter how i try to ask LO to greet she refuse and bury her face in my shirt. or just look away. but when she warm up liao she will make funny faces like stick tongue out blabla etc she is playing but ppl say she rude n no manners

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

How abt helping her to start by juz waving to say hi? I exposed my LOs to people by teaching them how to say hi via waving first, then slowly progress to saying hi. I will hold their hand and wave with them. If they bury their faces, I’ll juz say “she’s shy la”. Then later go home slowly explain and teach. In the meantime, I’ll bring them out more often and expose them to more people and teach them that it’s safe to greet whenever mummy’s around cos these people are my friends. :) Hope your LO overcomes her ‘fears’ soon. :)

Read more

i think just tell these adults that she’s just a small kid, she’s still learning! it’s so normal for them to have stranger anxiety. (and these ppl should shut up. they are the rude ones whose parents never taught them manners)