I'm Lazy

I'm lazy to work... After long maternity. Actually during the maternity leave I don't get to rest only during confinement time. Because after confinement I taking care of my LO myself. Every night is terrible. Anyone? What you do after maternity leave?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Can you try to get help? Helper, in law, infant care? I understand going back to work is tough but I see it as a break from being a sahm which is also very tough. Plus going to work provides the socializing you'd miss from staying at home all day. Try to find all the help you can, after 4 months baby's night time should be more stable so shouldn't be too bad. All the best.

Read more

I didn’t get to rest during confinement too but I try to see the joy in it because once I return to work I won’t have the luxury of this time with my kiddo. It was tiring for sure but it got better as he grew.

Same here. I feel so lazy but I need the money. Being a stay at home mother during maternity leave is also tiring. I also take care of baby in my own. So I think going back to work might give me a break.

Super Mum

Who is taking after your baby after you start working? I am like you... Very lazy to work after maternity.. But who knows, I enjoy working after I went back because I can actually get some break.

I got no help at all. even my own mom refused to help. I felt super burnt out and disgruntled. for #2, I requested to return to work on part time basis, not gonna ill treat myself further.

Hi, I think may be have a discussion with your husband on getting a helper ? Many of my friends have done this and they are feeling much better and also able to manage work

Find a way to quit your job if really you are too lazy to work. I did that. No point working if your mind not there.. it made me more stressed.

Super stressed, disgruntled and unhappy after maternity leave. Especially need to pump at work. But no choice, still need the income.

VIP Member

if can afford just hubby working and you can be full time mum quit job n stay home with kids.

VIP Member

I go back to works and took some time to adapt.