Lazy & sleepy during third trimester

Hi, I’m a promoter working at electrical store selling refrigerator & washer. I was pull into this line by my husband as soon as he realise I was pregnant, as his company allow me to get maternity leave. But recently things have changed ever since I enter my third trimester, I became really sleepy & tired, I don’t have the energy to run around the sales floor catching customer (Our job required a lot of standing, running & talking to customer) & now even to the extent I’ve been taking mc & leave whenever I’m lazy to go to work. My husband is furious about my Performance at work and ask me to reflect myself as I’ve been losing to my competitors brand. I tried to explain to him that I’ve never experienced this tired in my life and he said it’s just an excuse because every pregnant lady he know isn’t as lazy as me. I find myself having the right to rest but I felt bad for letting my husband and company down. Will I still be this tired after my baby is born because from what I know it is even worst. I’m thinking of quitting after my maternity leave since I’ve bad performance nowadays.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I was once a promoter too selling skincare products in hospital pharmacy and at a local shopping centre pharmacy. My job requires me to travel to places and stand even with my big belly. At the hospital sadly the 'boss' of the pharmacy did not understand my situation who has to be at 2 places in a day (diff building). I was also not allowed to sit even with my big belly. There was once I fell asleep with my face hiding behind a fridge just a few inches away from my counter. I was that tired plus I had morning sickness majority of the time even at the last stage. I literally dragged my feet to work everyday and I hate every moment of my work. I had to take leaves for my antenatal checks in the same hospital but again the 'boss' of the pharmacy is not understandable of my pregnant condition. She probably complained to my company and I was made to work at a local pharmacy, at least nearer to home. There I was allowed to sit at times but I still was required to stand. I realised that I hate my job so much, I hate the working hrs (1 off day on a weekday and I have kids that I didn't get to see much). I worked a mth or 2 after ML and I quit my job after that as it took a toll on me. I terribly miss my baby and my kids. I personally think promoter is not my kind of job. Also because I hate interacting with strangers and too many competitors.

Read more
VIP Member

oh dear. i hope you’re alright. your husband should sit down and rethink his priorities. whats more important? his tired wife who is carrying his child or work? you can always find another job, but if your health is at risk, not worth it. maternity leave is worth it sure but then taking care of a newborn is much more tiring (but worth it). sleepless nights, cranky mornings, hungry afternoons. you alrdy know your answer on what to do judging by your last sentence. i hope your husband also realises its whats best for you and baby! pls get plenty of rest cos YOU are going to give birth soon! wishing you and baby all the best 🤍

Read more

Pardon my language but some man are really dogs! If u think 3rd trimester is bad than my dear wait till you give birth. Baby will feed every 2 to 3hrs day N night. This will continue for at least 4 to 6 months. Telling u this so u can mentally prepare urself. The way your husband speak to you...u better have ur parents or his parents or get nanny to help you in the first 1 to 2 months after u give birth so that you can regain ur health. As for the job just quit n rest first once your baby older you can always work again. Remember this your health is the most important, your baby will depend on you. Take care my love.

Read more