When Should I See A Gynae

Hi, I'm currently in my 7th week. When I missed my period, I tested with a pregnancy test kit and it showed positive. First time mum so I'm not sure what should I do next. So, I went to the polyclinic and get a referral letter to SGH. However, the appointment date given was 6 weeks later, which by then I would be in my 11th week. Recently, I felt pain in my right abdomen. It's an acute pain and goes away after awhile. Is that normal? Should I wait till the appointment date to consult the doctor? Or go to the private gynae? I heard private is very expensive. Any recommendations? Confused. Thanks for reading.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I am also having almost the same situation with u. I initially had got referral letter from polyclinic and arranged an appt w KKH 1 week later on 090919. I suddenly found a dark yellow to light brown discharge yesterday. It made me worried. So, I decided to book an appt w private gynae nearby my house, located at Sengkang mrt next day to have an early check up. It is also my 1st visit. The consultation fee is 80, ultrasound is 80.Plus the med prescribed by gynae to stabilise the pregnancy, I paid a total of $261. Although it is exp, but I feel worth it. At least, it ease my worries and anxiety. I dont have to worry over the weekend. And kept google am I normal... and I thought I was at week 6 as I calculating my last period, the gynae said I'm only at week 4 currently, so he only able to detect gestation sac in ultrasound.

Read more

Congratulations! Please see a gynae soon if you feel pain. You can walk in to KK O&G. 11weeks might be abit too far. Private is expensive but you get to chose the doctor you prefer & its the same doctor who will see you throughout. Subsidies is cheaper but waiting time is long, might be a different doctor seeing you every visit. Mount E Novena Dr Wendy is good. I strongly recommend her but her charges can be expensive. $200-$300 per visit case to case basis. I saw her during my first trimester but due my staff benefits, I was referred back to KK. Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC is quite popular too. Many friends recommended him. I saw him once but I felt more comfortable with Dr Wendy :)

Read more

Congrats! Its best advisable you see a doctor at the earliest even if its in a private hospital, just to make sure everything is alright. The following check ups can be done in SGH. Till then take good rest, dont lift anything heavy or bend down alot. Take care!

VIP Member

Advise to go for a early check to make sure baby is okies. As recently I went for a check at KKH as my GP suspecting ectopic pregnancy. Luckily everything is alright. I feel released. Currently at trimester one. Before week 6

Congratulations... i have the same experience w you... but i went to private gynae to get scan so i could have a peace of mind... I cant imagine to worry about it for 6weeks

Super Mum

Congrats! I would suggest you head to a pte gynae 1st while waiting for the referred appt by polyclinic. Play safe better. Pls of course get your husband along

TapFluencer

Best to go to private gynae first. Even if it is expensive, we are talking about your baby here. Best to be safe than sorry

VIP Member

Congrats. I think you should consult a gynecologist now to have a peace of mind but keep your appointment at SGH.

Go and do a check up. I don't think u can wait till another 6 weeks. Is good to ensure everything is okay

VIP Member

Hi. You can go to kkh hospital they have emergency gynae there.. hope it helps