When is the ideal week for first gynea appt?

I had a miscarriage last Nov. At week 6 , fetal pod was not detected through transvirginal ultrasound. Dr diagnosised my pregnancy was inviable pregnancy. I was asked to go back for HCG test and the level was not rising. Spotting few days later and i had a miscarriage. Few weeks ago, I missed my period and was tested positive using home preg kit. Was at the polyclinic this morning to confirm the pregnancy. Dr said based on my lmp I should be around week 5/6. Due to “elderly pregnancy”! I was referred to kkh with the earliest appt to get my first gynae check. I’m 41 this year, with 2 boys through normal delivery. I’m very much worried to go through the same cycle of tests and fear. Given a kkh appt next week which I would likely be at week 6/7. It is too early to detect anything?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Weeks 6/7 maybe a bit early. Week 8/9 is more secure in terms of hcg, transvaginal us scan. But because you are considered as high risk pregnancy due to age and history of MC, going only at week 8/9 maybe a bit too late. Dr should be giving you progesterone supports as soon as pregnancy is confirmed viable

Read more
4y ago

Was at Kkh today. Heartbeat detected at 5.4 weeks. Looking forward to the next appt for EDD. :)

My first appointment withgynae was at 5 weeks. Was able to confirm pregnancy on ultrasound, could locate the sac and the foetus.

3y ago

Exactly at 5 weeks or 5 weeks plus?