Its gonna be my first pregnancy. What should i do now?

Hi mummies. I just had a positive test yesterday after a week late period. Its gonna be my first pregnancy. Clear blue digital says i’m 1-2 weeks but app say 5 weeks. Anyways, i’m not sure what to do now. Do i make an appointment at poly first or straight to hospital? If poly first, should i just book the normal doctor consult appointment or is there a specific type of appointment to book? And when should i book the appointment? All advice is appreciated. Thank youuuu 💗 #firsttimemom #plsadvice

Its gonna be my first pregnancy. What should i do now?
16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

From my experience: I walked in to a polyclinic, got urine tested and confirmed I was pregnant, then I was referred to KKH as I planned to go the subsidized route. Without a referral, you will not get subsidized rates. From what I understand, if you want to go private route, just make an appointment directly with the hospital of your choice. Even KKH provides private packages (of course, more expensive per consultation and test). Alternatively, you can go subsidized route first and then switch to private anytime once you’ve done your homework and find it may be more suitable for you. Good luck and congratulations!

Read more
2y ago

Yes, that’s right. But I was referring to KKH private route. Can make appointment with them directly.

Hey mummy!! Mine state din clear blue digital 3+1 which i thought its weeks but end up i was actually 4 months pregnant! Asked arnd and they asked me to call my gynae straight up and make an appt. They will questioned when u missed ur period, thats when they calculate for u roughly how many weeks ur pregnant! But i was eager as its my 1st baby as well, met up with my gynae do a scan, straight up detailed scan and i was actually 17weeks 1 day pregnant! 😂😂😂but CONGRATULATIONS ON UR PREGNANCY!!! ❤️❤️

Read more
2y ago

NO!!! Because my menses usually not accurate so i thought its normal! I go thru covid before i know i was pregnant like 2 weeks later. So i thought the vomitting and all is like a pre covid thing because i was healthy during covid until i was negative thats when i actually fall sick..😂😂. I only have the guts to check when i actually went for a massage and my masseur told me she felt something.. and voila there comes the "surprise" baby! 😂😂😂

Depend on what you prefer. If you prefer subsidised route you go Poly get referral letter then they'll send u to KK. If private book directly in chosen hospital (TMC, Mt Alvernia etc) then from there they'll ask you to book appointment straight away after 6 weeks pregnancy :) For me I went straight to private as the fees for foreigners are the same in KK n private and when give birth private takes care of you and baby better :)(in my second pregnancy aldy)

Read more
2y ago

but while waiting get those prenatal vitamins you can get either from LAC(before GNC) they have these all in one prenatal vit@ (I'm currently taking) and/or you go guardian or Watson look for those prenatal vits

If u want go for the subsidies route then can just go to polyclinic take norma queue and tell e doc that u r expecting n they will write u a referral letter, after which just wait for your preferred hospital to arranged an appointment for u. If not you can just approached any of your preferred hospital to arrange for your 1st prenatal check up. Don't worry about weeks now, after your checkup the doc will advise u Ur EDD.

Read more

for private gynae, they will ask for the date of the first day of your last period, and count 6 weeks from there, it is the earliest date that they can do a transvaginal ultrasound. so you still need to wait. but at least you can make the booking first. meanwhile, you can visit any pharmacy e.g. Guardian and ask for Folic Acid, cost only $7 which can last you more than one month.

Read more
2y ago

Dont have to ask the pharmacy counter. They have off the shelves folic acid. If i not wrong it cost about $5 for 30 or 50 tablets?

usually is go polyclinic first.. but if u scare troublesome these and that la.. later keep changing doc all this (diff doc diff view) and u prefer 1 doc all the way tc of you until u give birth and if can afford then i suggest u go private.. but do ur homework on which gyane u wanna go with.. somemore u 1st time mummy to be sure very clueless de..

Read more

Based on my experience, best for you to keep trying tracking the clearblue and go for a scan appt once it has changed to “3-4 weeks” I went to private gynae when it states “1-2 weeks” barely saw anything and had to come back again. Abit of waste of $$. So wait up first if you can control the excitement! Hehe congrats mommy!

Read more

please go poly first if you want your appointments to be subsidised. poly will confirm your pregnancy and refer you to kkh or your selected hospital. but mainly they will send to kkh and congratulations! it's gonna be a beautiful journey esp if its your first one 🥲💕 tons of emotional and happy moments 💕 goodluck mummy!

Read more

just go poly then from there they will do urine (hcg test) refer u to the hospital of ur choice or nearest to u tht's wht happened to me & i didn't use clear blue but other brand pregnancy test so didn't know how far along was i when i tested i only found out i was 5 weeks after being referred to kkh as a subsidized patient 🥰

Read more

congratulations mama! u can just go to polyclinic.. tell dr that u missed ur period.. from there, they will guide u... i think u can choose if u wan to go which hosp.. unless u wan a private rate/hosp, u can go to any women GP.. later they will refer u to their trusted hosp.. ❤️ take care ok! rest well and dont be stress!

Read more