Losing weight during pregnancy

I'm 22 weeks pregnant but I'm not gaining weight. The doctor said that the baby is looking normal in terms of development but I'm worried that the baby would be small or premature. Any tips on gaining weight?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am not gaining weight in 20weeks and my baby size is - 0.07 smaller than the minimum normal size, I think doctor will tell u if your baby size is normal or not, I am trying to chase the weight by drinking formula and some herbal, beside breakfast lunch and dinner, I also eat some snack about 2 hours after the meal, fruits, yogurt, cheese, on 22 weeks I gain about 2kgs and baby size is growing to chase the normal size, now still - 0.03 and I am still trying my best to keep eating to hope him growing well

Read more
VIP Member

Its a good thing that your baby is growing but you are not putting on any weight. Alot of mummies will be envy. Haha. Maybe you can try to eat more carbo to gain weight if you want. It's good enough that baby is growing well. Don't have to worry. In 3rd trimester baby will grow more too.

VIP Member

I was underweight during the first tri but I only gained weight at the last tri , but so long baby is growing fine and healthy it isn’t an issue . I didn’t gain much weight too and I don’t have a bump as well but baby was fine !!

5y ago

Only at last trimester like the last few weeks , but it wasn’t obvious as well ... till a point when I was in labour the nurses at labour ward doubted if I was really 40wks

Be happy that you are not gaining Now and baby is fine. During third trimester u will gain like nobody's business. If you are really worried, drink lots of fresh milk.

VIP Member

I am currently 35weeks and i also did not gain any weight but lost 5kg instead. Baby is growing well and fast.. Not to worry so long the baby is growing.. =)

5y ago

Yup. But not that obvious.. looks like i am abt 20-23 weeks only..

It's ok if you're not gaining weight as long as your baby is ok. You're only 22 weeks pregnant. You'll gain some weight in the weeks to come.😀

Don’t worry, just make sure u have enough foods. One of my friend whole pregnancy only gained 2kg but ended up she gave birth at 3.2kg.

Dont worry, during first trimester I’m not gaining as well. I starting to put on weight on 6months onwards

Don’t worry as long as baby is healthy and normal

VIP Member

Drink maternal milk?