How to not gain weight too much???

My pre-pregnancy weight is 58kg and I’m now at 29 weeks weighing 71kg. I was 62kg at my checkup on 2/12/22. My gynae has not made any comments about my weight gain and is telling me to eat more based on my baby’s estimated weight. But I’m already gaining so much???? Is there any reason why I’m gaining so much and how can I slow downnnn???

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am guessing that you have a solid or naturally big bones/big body genes but not fat? Hence, assuming because of your own body weight and in addition with our little human weight, it makes you feel that you are overweight. While on the other hand, your gynae thinks that you are not meeting the standard suggested/average weight at the 29 weeks period. You can't slow down weight gain as it will either affect you/baby during this period. You can eat in moderation but also ensuring it is healthy with sufficient nutrients. Having said that, youve to know that it is hormonal changes hence causing all this weight lost/gain.

Read more

mine was 58kg..during my 28wks1day check-up,my weight its at 73.2kg.Gynae also didnt mention anything about my weight as baby weight is at 1.3kg already..As long as baby is growing well,our weight can manage after give birth..Dont worry u'll get back yr pre-pregnancy weight.😉

gynae say eat less starch and sugar , that's weight gain for mummy. for baby is good food like fruits proteins vitamins

my pre pregnancy weight is 58kg too. the weight jus before I gave birth was 81kg. now 4 months after give birth stuck at 68kg

What kind of food do you usually take? Maybe can look into that... how much does your baby weigh now at 29weeks?