Vbac Delivery

Hi I wanna know from you mommies how long it took for your stitches to heal down there? And if there's anything we can/cannot eat? Also will the stitches be dissolved or need to take out?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My stitches hurt the most during days 4-7 and it was during 1 week review that I learnt the wound was red and inflammed causing the pain. Gynae cut the stitches although it's supposed to be dissolvable to release the tension and it was an instant relief for me! Pain free ever since then so I recovered in a week. I think it was inflammed due to confinement I only bathed like few days once, important to keep wound clean clean clean! Do not eat any seafood other than fish. My confinement nanny will prepare a steaming hot salt bath in a potty placed in the toilet bowl which she advises me to sit on for few mins. And I find that it really helps for pain relief, calm the wound and sterilise it.

Read more
Super Mum

Wound takes about 2 weeks to heal (but avoid intercourse for at least a month). Nothing to avoid in terms of food, unless you have diabetes.. in which case, make sure your blood sugar control is good otherwise there can be poor wound healing. Stitches don’t have to be removed:) all absorbable (unless otherwise stated by your gynae)

Read more
VIP Member

It took me close to 4 weeks to recover aka pain free. You need to keep the wound clean and dry to recover faster. My gynae also told me to eat the prescribed painkillers as it is anti-inflammatory too. The stitches are dissolvable. My CL told me to avoid chilli and seafood.

Hey, It would take about 2-4 weeks for the wounds to heal. Have lots of rest and proper meals and you should be fine

it took 2weeks plus to heal, stitches will dissolve by itself, cannot eat seafood, egg,duck and too spicy food

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/pushing-labour-necessary/ Don't push too hard. U don't even need a stitch

VIP Member

Had to avoid prawns! The stitches are dissolvable!

Avoid eggs & seafood

VIP Member

Heal on its own

VIP Member

Dissolvable