How do you care for your stitches after natural child birth? How long did it take to heal?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It took about 1-2 weeks for my wound to heal, i.e. not feeling pain completely. I washed my wound each time after pee and poop by gently spraying water on it and dab dry. After dabbing dry, I will spray Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Spray to ease my wound pain. Also, remember to change your sanitary pad frequently to avoid infection. As my gynae did not give me any antiseptic wash, I did sitz bath using epsom salt to speed up the healing twice a day. I just soaked the salt in a warm water in stiz bath about 5-10mins. You can get sitz bath from wastons. If your gynae gave you antiseptic wash, you can just use that. To prevent my wound pain during pooping, I asked my gynae to prescribe stool softener for me. You can purchase it from any pharmacy store too.

Read more
VIP Member

I didn't do anything special in particular as my stitches didn't hurt that much. I recovered completely after a week or two. The important thing is to keep the area clean and dry to speed up healing and minimise the risk of infection. I did change my sanitary pads frequently and have regular baths where I would clean that area gently. You can try placing your pads in the freezer before using so it'll feel cool and provide some relief. http://intheknowmom.net/diy-padsicles-musthave-postpartum-item/

Read more

It took me about 2 weeks to completely heal. Like Diana, I bought Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom from the Mothercare at KK Hospital to help ease my pain from the wound. Frequently change your sanitary pad as well. I also really careful each time I use the toilet and had to clean myself very carefully and gingerly.

Read more
VIP Member

Doctor gave some liquid medication and salt for soaking the vagina to reduce swell and increase speed of healing. But I lazy so in the end I nv use 😂 I just made sure I wash clean after every business. My stitches/wound heal by itself within 2 weeks.

Wash & Pat dry, spray the medicine gynea gave. Took me about a week but I have very few stitches. My friend with 20 stitches took about a month before feeling better

VIP Member

I didn't do anything special. After pee or poo, i will wash and pat dry that area. The stitches took about 1.5 weeks for it to be healed.

I let it heal on its own. i didn't do anything. It took me about a week and all was good.

the importance thing is to pat dry the area. and change pad frequently

About 1 to 1.5 weeks Maintain good hygiene Change pad regularly

thanks