sigh

i just wanna give up breastfeeding ? i feel bad that my partner had to skip many days of work and have to care for me (having 3rd degree tear) and baby keeps demanding bf till my nips got super sore and almost bleed on both. even lactation nurse can't do much. its only 3rd pp ???

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Poor thing. It must be so tough! For the first month, if you don’t have enough supply, just top up with formula (you can use syringe to feed if you’re scared of nipple confusion). That gives your nipples time to heal. Also apply lanolin ointment or other nipple creams. I used Medela purelan ointment (apply just before and after feeding). It really helped a lot! Then you can also pump to increase your milk supply. There are many things that people encourage you to eat to increase production, but what’s really important is that you drink loads of fluids, get some sleep and also not stress out. Stress drops the milk supply very quickly. Take all the painkillers you need for your 3rd degree tear. Take laxatives if you need to as well, since passing motion may be difficult. Once your supply can keep up with the demand, breastfeeding becomes easier and definitely more enjoyable. But the first part is really difficult, so it’s very normal to feel like giving up. I hope you’ll try for a bit longer, before deciding whether to continue or stop. Either way, as long as baby is well fed and you’re doing your best for your LO, you’re still an awesome mum okay? Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise ❤️ Congrats on your newborn by the way!

Read more