Subsequent vaginal delivery OR elective csect after previous 3rd degree perineal tear.

Hi mommies. Would like to know if anyone experience subsequent vaginal deliveries after previous 3rd degree perineal tear? I sustained 3rd degree perineal tear with my first born (delivered 1 year ago), and Im expecting to deliver my second in approx 3 months time. Would like to know if the subsequent vaginal births successful for you or you just opted for elective csect for subsequent babies? If manage to deliver vaginally, do you sustain another 3rd/4th degree tear with subsequent vaginal births? ( medical journals stated that the risk to get another 3rd/4th degree tear after previous 3rd degree tear is higher for subsequent births). In dilemma if i should go for elective csect or try for another vaginal birth for my second. So please share with me your experience!!! Thank you in advance!!! #pregnancy #bantusharing #advicepls #perinealtear

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

my 2nd vbirth 3rd degree perineal tear. im also wondering how its going to be like for the nx baby