Subsequent vaginal delivery OR elective csect after previous 3rd degree perineal tear.

Hi mommies. Would like to know if anyone experience subsequent vaginal deliveries after previous 3rd degree perineal tear? I sustained 3rd degree perineal tear with my first born (delivered 1 year ago), and Im expecting to deliver my second in approx 3 months time. Would like to know if the subsequent vaginal births successful for you or you just opted for elective csect for subsequent babies? If manage to deliver vaginally, do you sustain another 3rd/4th degree tear with subsequent vaginal births? ( medical journals stated that the risk to get another 3rd/4th degree tear after previous 3rd degree tear is higher for subsequent births). In dilemma if i should go for elective csect or try for another vaginal birth for my second. So please share with me your experience!!! Thank you in advance!!! #pregnancy #bantusharing #advicepls #perinealtear

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama Nurul, I wanna start by saying what a brave and strong person you are - the recovery must’ve been difficult but you got through it - kudos and salut! Have you considered going to a good gynae who is pro-VBAC for an opinion? Also, just wondering if you know about the epi-no and perineal massages?

Read more
2y ago

It’s been proven to be a great alternative to the perineal massage. You can read more here: https://epi-no.co.uk

Babe! Pls update. I suffered a 4th degree tear.