I choose not to breastfeed and people are judging me as a bad mom.

I have low supply and I am not really keen on breastfeeding because I find it stressful that I have to work and take care of chores at home too. My mother in law , sister in law , the lactation nurse in the hospital judged me by making comments like why I am not breastfeeding because breastfeeding has so many benefits (obviously). They make it sound like I am lazy to breastfeed lol. My sis in law keeps harping on why I did not breastfeed and I told them the reasons. She sent me a list of reasons why I should breastfeed. Personally I believe formula feeding works as well. My sis formula fed her children and they turned out alright. Do people know that some mums need to work so no time and sleep to pump milk? Some mums have low supply of breast milk? Some mums have medical conditions ? and many reasons? Can people stop their unkind comments?#firsttimemum #respect_post

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

IMO no matter what you do also will get uncalled remarks so just ignore. I was a low supply mum, struggled with countless mastitis and lack of sleep only to let a stranger tell me “Your milk is useless after 4mo, you shouldn’t feed her. She should eat solids instead when my baby is 8mo.” I would personally tell them, it’s my boobs, my baby, whether or not I bf is my problem and moreover, I didn’t ask you for money to buy formula you kpo so much for what? You have your own baby, take care of your own baby, no need to bother about mine. I won’t harm my child, even myself is formula fed and I grew up strong and well. Either ways they will end up eating junk food what. Ever since I became a mum, I have been showing no face to uncalled remarks even to my mil. Before I had my baby, I used to keep quiet and swallowed all the fire and burn myself, but now I can’t be bothered. I have enough problems and things to stress on, i don’t need more from you. You can advise, whether or not I want to take it should be my decision. Don’t force your decision on me. It’s the same thing if I were to produce a list of why you should formula feed will you take it? No what. Just close both ears and eyes, be mean if you need to. 💪🏻

Read more

Ignore those comments. One ear in one ear out. They eventually shut up. For nurses, Their job is to push mothers to breastfeed. Just be confident in your answers. Tell them you prefer not to stress yourself regards to bfeeding. I had to go through the same as you do but I prefer my mental health. Not being stressful abt breast feeding and low milk supply. My child is 2Y6M happy, healthy and smart. The number of times my LO fell sick was quite normal too in comparison to breastfed baby. Just do you mommy! There’s no right or wrong.

Read more