Is a a must to sleep on the left every night ?

I slept so much on the left that my left hip bone is hurting. Had abit of difficulty walking too. Can I sleep on the right side instead ? Currently 27 weeks

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello since in my 2nd trimester my gynae encouraged to sleep either left or right side but left side is the best. somehow i manage to sleep on my left side ever since. i’m now in my 37 weeks and had been feeling comfortable sleeping on my left that i find it already difficult to roll over on my right side😅

Read more

I used to lie on my left before preparing to sleep… now every night I feel like I’m gasping for air so I just sleep whatever positions that I can breathe well. (Elevating my head doesn’t work anymore.) Currently Week 27+6.

I sleep on my right more than left as i have difficulty sleeping on the left. Somehow, the left position leaves me uncomfortable. Since i have butt and hip pain on both sides, i constantly turn positions throughout night.

VIP Member

Not a must. Just recommended! I sleep in whatever position that I am comfortable with, as long as I can breathe well.

VIP Member

Not a must. Just recommended! I sleep in whatever position that I am comfortable with, as long as I can breathe well.

Its ok to sleep on both sides. Use pregnancy pillow as it becomes more uncomfortable to sleep as bump gets bigger.

Yea sometimes I fall asleep on my right too. you can move around to change sides whichever is more comfy

I asked my gynae and she said can sleep on right side :) I had difficulty keeping to left side only too.

My gyane told me to sleep in whatever position i am confortable with!

VIP Member

U can toss and turn definitely