I am new to hiring a helper, mainly to help out with my LO.. how should I arrange at meal time esp when eating out? Should I eat first, or let my helper eat first? I reckon that she should eat first, since she is eating faster than me.. while I take care of LO.. also I can have a longer time to eat.. otherwise if I eat first, she has to wait on a long time to eat.. but my hubby find it werid to eat with her first..

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its actually up to individual preference! Most of the empolyer will want the helper to feed the LO before they can have their dinner. For my case, my helper actually have dinner together with us as we wana her to know that she's actually part of our family. We will try to feed our LO ourself before the dinner, so that by dinner time he can self-feed and snack together with us. Just do it whichever you are more comfortable with.

Read more
8y ago

Maybe you wana consider feeding your LO before dinner time? My LO usually had their before us. Can leave your LO in stroller/ baby chair when much older with some toys to entertain. if really no choice then get your helper to play with her.

For Me.. I Put My Baby At Baby Pram Or Baby Carry.. So Is Easy For Me And My Helper To Eat.. If The Baby still Small.. baby Don Carry Much Coz Once They Big They want Us To Carry.. Will Not Easy If They Want To Carry.. Later The Helper Cannot Do Their Job.. Even We Parents Working..

Eat first or eat last is not an problem if ur hubby find it weird then b4 u guy go out maybe let her have a Milo or a bread in case u scare she hungry . if u guy is sharing food.. u can scope some out for her to eat at a later time after u finish ur food n feeding the kid..

While there's no right or wrong here. If you are comfortable with your helper eating first than why not? It's your choice and you know it better which way is good for your child. If you are not hungry, I feel its definitely okay for your helper to eat first.

do u all share food or individual order? if share food, can scope some for her prior to eating as a form of respect. If eating separate orders then i guess yr hubby wldnt feel so weird? But i feel no big issue as to who eat first :) individual preference.

my ex helper eat after us reason is because she doesnt eat alot.. but we want her to eat more.. so we will left quite alot of food for her.. let her have more quantity :p

Depending if you hungry then you eat first with your hubby, if your helper is hungry maybe let eat a slice of bread or biscuits first.

VIP Member

My helper eats after us. Her choice. Why not ask your helper her preference?