Hungry all the time

I’m currently in my first trimester and I’m feeling hungry every few hours. My husband told me that I should endure and not eat as and when I’m hungry. Am I suppose to eat or should I endure 😣

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Eat when you're hungry, but mind what you are eating. I was really hungry in my first trimester and I wanted to eat all the time. I didn't want to have any health risks during pregnancy so I started to eat more nuts and fruits. Anyways I'm eating so if I eat what's best for my body it's definitely gonna help me and my baby, and it helped. I also drank lots of water. I had cravings for chocolates and sweets, but I endured it. I ate none, but I treated myself with icecream once in a while and slowly stopped that as well. I think that it's okay to eat when you are hungry because that hunger may completely go. For me I didn't want to eat at all during 2nd trimester. Eat what's best for you and baby. I won't recommend you to endure hunger.

Read more
TapFluencer

You’re now eating for 2, if you’re hungry outside of normal meal times, snack on fruits or other healthy alternatives. Drink a decaf tea, have some plain crackers or a slice of toast with peanut butter. Maybe a small yogurt. As long as you eat nutritious food which will aid your baby’s growth and development, eating a little more is ok. From what I read, it’s ok to have 150% of our normal calories while growing a whole other person, as long as it’s not junk or processed food full of sugar, saturated fats, salt etc.

Read more

dangggggg i hope your husband understands you sooner or in a later stage. it's normal to feel hungry (i feel hungry every 15 mins in my first tri....). let's take things positively as it's v v important to you and your mental health. perhaps he wants you to stay healthy for you and baby and not take pregnancy as an excuse to eat anything or everything. but honestly, everyone in my family told me to eat and not care on what others said. instead of having a big meal, have some healthy snacks with you all the time.

Read more

It’s very normal to be constantly hungry in first trimester. I was hungry every 2 hours. Just make sure you don’t eat too much junk food and more on healthy snacks like plain crackers , nuts , fruits or milk. If you endure and vomit is even worst too. It will go away when you reach 2nd trimester. For me, I don’t feel so hungry in 2nd trimester and that’s when I control my diet more strictly. So listen to your body n eat if needed. :)

Read more

I would say don't endure hunger please.. however choose healthier snacks instead if you can! but of course occasionally its okay to go for your cravings.. perhaps some fruits, nuts, oats or crackers would be good.. actually its good that you can stomach down food.. I rmbr during my first trimester I was the opposite, I had low appetite due to food aversion and nausea. even watching a TV commercial on food makes me sick.

Read more

You shouldn't endure if you are hungry because u are growing a life! Maybe your husband is concerned from nutrition point of view and that is definitely a valid. Do eat but stay away from junk food, choose healthier snacks like nuts, whole grains, fruits that is not too high in sugar etc. Eat sugar/carbs in moderation in case baby grow too big at the onset and also in case mummy has GD. You can do it mummy!

Read more

please just eat when you are hungry. during my first trimester i also felt hungry every 2-3 hours and i also kept eating whenever im hungry even in the middle of the night. you are the one who is pregnant, you know your body well, you know when you need to eat. don't listen to your husband, he is not even the one pregnant of course he doesn't know how difficult it is to endure when you feel hungry.

Read more

Yo lucky girlllll, eat when u r hungry! But do choose nutritious healthier choices like nuts, oats, yogurt, fruits and not binge on unhealthy food like ice-cream, chips or fastfood. I was the opposite of you, I could barely eat anything at all and my husband was so worried because I'm was not eating. My daily intake was just few pieces of dry crackers or plain inari sushi.

Read more

dear! you should just eat.. as advised by my gynae too. you are lucky to feel hungry, lot of moms to be are having bad morning sickness and couldn't eat. just remember to stick to healthier snacks or food, it's okay to indulge in what you like to eat occasionally too, a balance healthy diet is important for you and baby! :))

Read more

Please don’t listen to that nonsense. If you are hungry just eat. Not necessarily have to eat like a full meal, can have simple snacks like soda biscuits, oats, milk, Milo, bread, eggs or nuts. Tell him.. not everyone is so lucky to have good appetite. Would he rather you throw up everything you eat instead?

Read more