Annoyed with colleague

I work in a job that requires me to carry heavy things so I had to inform my colleagues about my pregnancy so that they can understand my situation. But as days go by, I get annoyed by this one colleague who shared about her abortion in her first trimester and whom constantly nags at me about what I can or cannot eat. Honestly, I’ve actually been eating really healthily since my pregnancy. And every time I bring up about what this app allows me to eat/not eat, she just ignore whatever I say. I’m very stressed out and I just want to shut her off.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ignore them! I dreaded going to work during pregnancy coz I had very “helpful” colleagues. Pinpoint every single thing from what to eat, what not to eat, sharing scary myths/stories, criticise what I wore etc. Sad to say that most of them are mothers themselves and should have known better on what to say and what not to say. I ended up literally ignored them and walked away when they start blabbering. Pls do not let it affect you! Coming from a person who went through the same thing. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Read more

Ignore those unsolicited advice. If she still bugs you, you can report to the management that she gives additional stress to you and its harmful to the baby -apprntly its against the law to give stress to a pregnant employee.(idk the extent of it, just saw it Online)

VIP Member

Just tell her off. Why allow her to stress u everyday when it's alrdy not easy for you? Even as a mother of two, i wouldn't be so kpo (unless u r eating something dangerous and u didnt know) Mental health is more important! Stay happy and healthy!

TapFluencer

just ignore and tell her don't need worried for you. you know how to take care yourself

just tell her I know what to do...dun worry!

TapFluencer

Don’t bother n have a happy mind.

Just ignore her and move on...

Super Mum

she is very kpo.. ignore her

Walk away