Do I need to sterilize glass feeding bottles?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my opinion as follows.. technically surface of glass milk bottle is smoother n of more compact material molecue than all plastic bottles. It is more difficult to have residue remain. after a thorough rinse n scrub, it is usually good enough. however, additional sterilisation is of no harm. choose only borosilicate glass bottle, the type of glass used to make laboratory apparatus.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes mummy...you need to sterilize the glass bottle especially during 1st time usage. After which you can either sterilize or soak it in hot water. I did that after every feed. When my boy is older I just wash with liquid cleanser and soak in hotwater. Sterilize it only once awhile. For hygience purpose especially when my boy is sick.

Read more
VIP Member

I dun sterilize. After i wash with baby cleanser, i will soak in hot water. It's work the same too. And my kids is perfectly well without sterilize.

Thanks mummies! so no diff btw glass and plastic bottles ya? both types of material must sterilize or soak in hot water

Yes, it is better to be safe than regret later. Try to request your family to help if you have no time for this.

Yes you can. Glass bottles need less maintenance compared to plastic. Also No Need to keep Changing.

yes. Need to sterilize. I only stopped sterilizing bottles when baby was about 1 year old

VIP Member

Yes you should. I stop when my child turned 1.5 year old.

I did not.. after wash I soak them in hot water

VIP Member

my lo 2 years plus i still sterilised it.