Hi mummies, may I know for feeding bottle and pumping bottles + accessories, do we need to Ensure they are dry after sterilize before using them to store milk and pump milk into? If yes, what to use to dry them? Tissue? Thank you

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i think using a tissue or cloth to wipe dry has itself defeated the purpose of sterilising since tissue papers n cloths are not sterile. when i sterilise, i ensure they are all upside down. then i flick them dry. also, just b4 i use them, i have a habit of pouring a small amt of hot water into the bottle n give a gd swirl n then pour away the hot water b4 i use. this is esp if the bottle had been sterilised for quite a while n i have yet to use it.

Read more

Hi there, Any water left inside the bottles after sterilisation is sterile and won't collect germs so there's no need to dry. Just shake off the excess water. In fact wiping the inside of a bottle after sterilisation could even add germs, so it's best not to.

If the water is from the sterile source then it's ok. I don't face this problem as I use uv sterilizer that also have dryer function. Or maybe u wana just manually try to flick whatever water out

TapFluencer

It is best to air dry them. Dong add in milk when wet. Don’t recommend tissue as well as it breaks easily and leaves residue.

I'm not sure if it's necessary. I never dried them. I wasn then I'll pump into the bottle directly

Hi. You may find this article useful: https://sg.theasianparent.com/wash-baby-bottles/amp

VIP Member

No. i dont dry. The water from sterilizing are sterlie water. So i didn;t dry it.

Yes I do dry my bottles. I simply let them in a cloth and allow it to air dry

I just shake the bottles them pump directly into it.

No need to dry.. Just shake off excess water