I need to rant it out.... My husband and my family members is not getting along very well.. my family members is very straightforward type and they tend to hurt my husband feeling. Especially my elder sister and her boyfriend, my husband just can't stand them and my husband have been avoiding them but still sometimes after a family meeting ~ Eg. Maybe my sister like to talk sarcastic towards my husband and say he is fat and she will laugh it off. I know she is kidding but my husband don't feel that way. He feel hurtful and will tend hold back all the feeling only to express it to me. My sister boyfriend will go directly to my husband and compared everything about him. My husband told me he is a the edge already. He feel like talking back to him and let them taste their own words how hurtful it can be. I myself can't stand his sister too. As she tend to indirectly saying alot of thing in front of my husband and she will act like very good which I feel so fake la. But I always trying to be fake back to her. The problem is my husband is staying with my family. And he will have to tolerate alot of stuff. We been quarrel alot of time over family issues. He just ask me what if I am the one staying at his house and have to tolerate. He say he just don't want me to keep siding my own family everytime when he vent his feeling out. And I hate it everytime we quarrel he will shout and want to leave the house. I am in my third trimester now and we still quarrel like that. I am tired. I can't ask my husband to tolerate if it was me in his position I sure cannot handle but I can't ask my family members to change their way of talking. I am so stuck here. Sorry for the long post.

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Let me keep this short and sweet. (1) Protect your hubby from nasty sister and show-off boyfriend. You wouldn't let someone else do that, why should "family" do that and get a free pass? (2) Move out as soon as possible. Living together is the cause of so many family quarrels. (3) Rule of thumb: If it concerns his side of the family, let him deal with it. If the issue is coming from your side of the family, you deal with it. More problems if it is the in-law talking back to the family member.

Read more