do u prefer to have ur mil as ur confinement lady?

I heard lot negative comment when u have ur mil as CL .. so please share your experience here. Thanks

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

CL - Depend on luck. Some are good and some are random. Lots of stories on he internet/forum about CL cases. MIL - Depend on how close your bonding with her. Very common, old people have lots to "talk about". But rest assure that MIL won't harm their own grandchild/grandchildren. If MIL willing to spend extra time, money, love for your child, why not right😊 Just as long as we can have enough rest, why not. Just close 1 eye. Deaf 1 ear. For that confinement period😅

Read more
5y ago

Cause their own flesh and blood. CL won't do it for love. It's for the money lol.

If you have good relations with ur MIL, why not. However, after giving birth, our hormones may be haywire and adjusting thus we might be sensitive. So having a MIL to take care of you might trigger conflict if prolly she is those whom would make insensitive comments. If you dont mind being told how to take care of the baby and urself then just follow what ur hubby wants, save cost too.

Read more
VIP Member

I prefer my own mum. Better communication, plus I alrdy know her ways and her style of doing things. She's definitely hygienic as well. And she's very knowledgeable about the kind of food I should and should not take. She's also not willing to take any money, but I'm still giving her some. No MIL, no CL. I think I'm just too fussy and short tempered to deal with all that post delivery.

Read more

CL better, they work for us and get thungs done. MIL we probably have alot to listen to her. It depends on each individual as well. My mil is very uncontrolling and easy going with her direct children, but towards their spouse she is quite controlling... ya , abit double standaed but i see conflict will come, so i alrdy engaged a CL

Read more
VIP Member

Would prefer to hire a CL instead. At least will have less conflict. If there’s anything you are unhappy about still can say her. Do you dare to confront your mil?

5y ago

Okie. I try to talk to my hubby. Thanks for the suggestion 😊

no never!!! i had my own mom to help me during my confinement for a week afterwards i took care of myself n baby. i die die won't let my mil do my confinement too bossy

5y ago

Hahahahha but seem like I have no choice

I will never ever let my mil do confinement for me even though we stay together (waiting for bto). I will lock door and deny access.

VIP Member

prefer CL, cos MIL may intend to involve certain u dont like and not nice to speak out cos is mil. (personal view)

VIP Member

No I would rather not. Post labour I was so cranky last thing I wanted to deal with was in law arguments :)

confinement lady :) less conflicts and less nagging during confinement.