I have an extremely bad temper. Any advice for me to control my anger?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Be aware of ur feelings- ok im feeling angry /frustrated now. This will make u be more self aware and prevent u from reacting implusively. Then practise positive self talk to calm urself down or tell urself its ok i can overcome this. Overtime, it will make u a more positive person. If need be, tell the people ard u that u r not feeling ok and u will b back in 10 mins. Self control is a conscious effort. But we need to as it will impact our overall well being and our loved ones.

Read more
VIP Member

Practise walking or looking away first before reacting. Calm yourself first. Don't say anything yet. You wouldn't want to say anything or do anything you'll regret out of anger. Here's an article on anger management from Mayo Clinic. I hope it helps. http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/anger-management/art-20045434

Read more

sometimes, it is good when there is another person with you whenever your blood boils. walk away just for that little while. otherwise, grab a phone, 1 round of candy crush cools it fast 😅.

4y ago

😁 good idea

VIP Member

I will always walk away when i know i am at my boiling point. I walked away to distract myself so i won't do anything rash to my kids

Take a deep breath and count 1 to 10 slowly. It takes time but with your determination to change, you will overcome them.

me too!!!! i always try to stop, freeze breathe then do whatever I'm doing quietly for a while.

Manage expectations and getting used to the new norm.

TapFluencer

Breathe in and out