i just found out i am pregnant, i should be feeling happy but im not. currently i have a 16month old boy, intended to have a second one end of next year. reason being i haven have enough time for myself n my boy for the past 16 months dur to my heavy work commitment. i have just quit my job hoping to have more time for my boy, also some time for myself. Also i was hoping tat after i resign i can persuade my hub to ask my mil to return to her own house to stay as i can look after my own kid. Was having alot of issues staying with my mil and because she is looking after my kid i have to tolerate. now with my pregnancy all my plans will be jeopardized. if my mil learnt i am preggy all the more she will not move back... now even if i have the time to spent with my boy i can no longer baby carry him... all these thoughts made me feel upset. am i abnormal to feel my lo came at the wrong time? i seriously dont wish to b preggy now. how can i adjust my feelings...

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, actually when your tummy gets bigger, you might be Glad ur MIL is around to help. Actually I'm abit like you... quit job to look after my first and I'm currently pregnant with 2nd (but I quit because I wanted a break from work and to have more opportunities to hands on with my 2nd since I was a working Mom with my first and I didn't have opportunity to witness his first year milestones). I wanted to do it all on my own, ask my mom to come less but just 2 days and I couldn't take it.. my down there start to become painful... cos I had to keep disciplining my Son / carry him... in e end I revert back to original arrangement of my Mom coming to my house by 10am every morning. Maybe u can ask MIL to return home to stay (ask hubby to ask her) but say she can come over Everyday by a certain time to help out??? Don't regret being pregnant with 2nd just for the first. BOTH are ur kids!!!!

Read more

Hey. First of all congratulations on your pregnancy :) It is a good news indeed. Please do not feel disheartened because of your mil. Some arguments happen with family members but it is all good as it is part and parcel of life. Also, please understand that you will look up to your family when you need them the most. So be glad that you have them. Also, if it helps, please try talking to your mil about how you feel and how you both can be together merrily. I am sure talking will help. Good luck!

Read more

Just curious does your husband support your decision to quit your job and take care the kids? How are the financial arrangements and funds for rainy days? If this is a unilateral decision by yourself, I cannot help but foresee the marriage under going stress for the next couple of years. All in All, I strongly advise you not to request your MIL to leave because is going to be a nightmare taking care of 2 kids. You need that extra hands.

Read more

You should be happy as there are many ladies who wish to get pregnant after years of trying before getting their No.1 Treat this as a challenge. Kids are sent from God and its a destiny they are your kids in this life. Have a good chat with your in law or hubby if there are some worries in your mind.

Read more
VIP Member

I think baby are miracle, the happiness feeling should set in soon. Now might be dues to many situations all happening at the same time so you are lost, hence it’s very normal to feel this way. I believe you should talk to your Husband soon and solve a thing at a time. This is a happy problem

my #3 came at the wrong time too i felt. but for now i didnt regret having him. 1 thing u have to bear in mind, when u want it, you may not have it i wanted so much to have a #2 and i lost it after 11wks, and i tried so hard until 2yrs. a plan is just a plan, plan can be changed.

No choice lor but to bear with your MIL. With your toddler going to hit terrible 2 soon it will be much demanding to cope with pregnancy. You need the extra hands unless you can afford to hire a maid if you want you MIL to go back

u r suppose to be happy now... just give in a little to your mil... everything will be fine.. my girls are 17mths apart... i find the gap is just nice.. for the moment now to ur edd.. just accompany your boy as much as u can 😍

I felt confused when I first knew about having another baby. I was not emotionally prepared not to mention worrying that our finances can handle another child. Give yourself sometime, it's normal to have those feelings.

If u knew u were not ready for number 2, why did you not take precaution. Now that it's happened pls don't whine. It's your doing. I know this is harsh but it's the truth.

5y ago

oh come on don't be such a mean lady/man every mother has their right to feel this way or that way. WELL S*** DOESNT HAPPEN TO YOU YET THATS WHY YOU SAY SUCH THINGS TO HER.