Hi all mummies! I am a mother of 3 young ones, 4.5yo, 3yo and 14.5mo. Am currently 27yo. Since #3 arrived, I have been feeling tired all the time. I'm really at my wits end. These feeling of exhaustion is killing me. I don't feel productive & makes me feel like a lousy mother. FYI I have been the only one handling night shifts to look after baby & kids alone since #1 arrived. Most of the time I look after all of them myself even if husband at home. I am so tired looking after them all the time and feeling exhausted and lethargic, my chores have been left untouched. How do you mummies get the energy to be up and about without feeling exhausted and lethargic if you have more than 2 kids with close age gaps and looking after them by yourself?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I can only imagine how tiring it is for you to handle all three by yourself! Why not speak to your husband to ask him to help with the household chores, and also to get him more involve in taking care of your children as well? Also, could you consider the option of getting part-time help to take care of the household chores? It sounds like you could really use a break, a couple of hours away to perhaps get a massage or just a mani/pedi. Try having your husband to help look after the children for that couple of hours (so he can also empathize with how tiring it is for you) while you go and have some me-time. It is really important for you to take care of yourself too! Most of my friends who have to handle three children rely on their partners for help. Some of them are also working and hence, really needed to work together to make the schedule work. Don't be too hard on yourself! It is only normal for you to feel tired and lethargic being the main caregiver to three young children. Hang in there mummy! Though I cannot be much of a help or offer other sound advice, really wish to show some moral support. Take care!!!

Read more

Hello mommy! I have three kids aged 1, 6 and 8. I can really relate with the tiredness you feel each day. Here are some things i do that really help: Set up an early routine (mine starts at 430am) for your day and try to stick to it. Let me share a few of the things i do: 1. Get on my knees and pray at the start of each day and read my bible - most important to get you through anything 2. Exercise - to keep you fit and release the happy hormones 3. Take a bath early - it makes you feel fresh and ready for the kids note: it makes me feel bad when i have to do this at the end of the day as it feels like i'm neglecting myself. Hope this helps.

Read more

dont be too hard to yourself. just do your best. everything is not perfect. we just need to prioritise whatever you can. if you have parents or pils staying near you, ask them to help if possible. get part time helper to help you on household chores if not on tight budget. are your children in school? if possible, let them go to school for 2-3 hrs so that you can concentrate on household chores or your younger one. talk to your hubby to see what can be done. its best to communicate with him to see what is best for both of you.

Read more

Relax is a must for mamy. Try slow and nice talk to your husband to help up you to take care 1 or 2 kids. You can try asking your husband to help by playing with them, reading to them, bath them from there slowly pass thing to him. Because most guy are working they will think that after their busy work and stress outside, the weekend is their best rest day. so there will think that stay home mamy is easy and good. Don't let him have this kind of thinking by letting him help you up.

Read more

I always handle the night s*** myself. Before i had my #2 child, i cared for my #1 up till the day i deliver. Current;y i am preg with #3, i will still be caring for #2 after i deliver as #2 is pretty clingy as night. Well, it's normal to feel lethargic, Housechores, try to close an eye towards things. Now im living w inlaws there is still help w housechores. But i be moving to my own place soon, once moved in, i will literally have to close one eye to the house mess.

Read more

nap when they nap. it's good that they have a routine that's similar so mommy can rest when they rest. I know it's always the case where oh they're asleep I can do my chores. it's really really good to force yourself to nap in the afternoon. it gives you that extra push. .. also I take multi vitamins and lots and lots and lots of water. hydratw yourself... having kids all under 5 is very challenging but when time comes you'll be ever so proud to say I did! !

Read more

On top of all the great suggestions offered by the parents above, perhaps you can try taking a natural supplement of sorts to help you boost your energy? I find that royal jelly supplements help for me but be sure to check if it's safe to take if you're still breastfeeding. Naps whenever you can will also help and know that you're being a great mom regardless of how tired you may be. Take care mommy!

Read more

Do not go too hard on yourself! Ask your husband for help or let him take over with taking care of the kids and doing house chores during his off days so that you can have some "me time" to relax and destress. If your household income allows you to do so, hire extra help. Please take care of your physical and mental health for yourself and your family!

Read more

I think you need to have a word with husband to balance the load. Take a break from looking after the kids once in a while to avoid exhaustion and falling sick.

I understand that its a must for you to keep busy with them but I rekon you having time for yourself is needed at least an hour or two