I find that for the past year, I'm always angry at my husband. Whatever he does just irritates the hell out of me. What can I do to stop feeling this way? I used to be so in love with him.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sometimes it could be that one gets too familiar and comfortable with the other person and expects more from the person. You may think that he should anticipate and do certain thing while he is totally unaware of what your expectations are. This would lead to buildup of frustrations. Also, the negative events (such as getting irritated, frustrated and angry) often tend to stand out more as compared to the positive ones. I’m pretty sure there were instances where you really appreciated what he did but those are likely to be taken for granted and dismissed. Since you are aware of this, make an effort to note down little things that you may have overlooked. Also, have a chat with him to see if he also feels the same. I suggest just doing this little exercise for a few days. Have a notebook/phone with you and note down anything that he did for you (that you may have taken for granted for). For example, “hubby prepared morning coffee for me”, “hubby bought dinner so I did not have to cook” etc. Other suggestions I have would be to have a date night and try to “reconnect”. Or, simply adjusting your expectations for him would probably help too.

Read more
VIP Member

Agreed with Hui Qun, great suggestions. I have a theory I call "irritation momentum" - once you are irritated with someone to some significant frequency and level, it just keep going that way so everything he or she does make it worse. The way to stop it is first to recognise that you might just be irritated out of habit and may not recognise him for all the good things he is. (Human psychology studies has evidence that we remember bad things a lot better than good things) Once you are self aware, you can choose to create good turning points - a wonderful date night for example, to help turn the momentum around. But first you must let go of your own bias and admit that you are probably getting irritated disproportionately out of habit. Hope that helps!

Read more

I guess you need to find out what are the triggers for you to feel in this way. Is it due to work stress? Baby? MIL? Financial? Recently I am quite hot tempered and blamed my husband on very minor thing. I realised it is due to I am in fear of how to handle 3 kids in 2 months time. Also, I feel guilty for letting my son to go to childcare in a month time. I try to adjust and accept my own feelings, talk more to husband and hope he understands. These 2 weeks we managed to have peqceful moments after have a heart to heart talk.

Read more
VIP Member

It happens to me too. I wonder if it's because I gave birth, but it would be too convenient to blame it all on pregnancy and childbirth. I flare up when he puts water in the rice pot to soak (before washing) but forgets to do it. I flare up when he tried to let my daughter lick a slice of pear. Yes. I am very hot tempered. I suggest a staycation. A night away might do you good. I agree with thinking about the positives and good times you had together.

Read more

Is there a reason to be angry? If there is, then talk to him and get it out of your system. If there is no reason, just take it easy. Think of the journey you have been through and the positives. I am sure there would be a lot to be grateful for.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4020)

It happens to me too. Whenever he sleep, it simply make me pissed because I felt that I am not getting enuff attntion. Maybe you should talk things out w your hubz.

VIP Member

Falling in love may happen by chance. Remaining in love is a choice that you make from moment to moment