MIL Issues /hubby

Drama dram moments that irritates the hell out of me My hubby and I lost our son in still birth last year. It's bloody frustrating as hell when my mil keeps asking us to try to have another kid and to do it quickly. In my previous pregnancy I used to wear a pregnancy waist band to help elevate the pressure to my waist. She recently told me not to wear it for the next pregnancy. Like seriously, does tht affect? My husband just does nothing to shut her out. Now I'm currently expecting again and decide not to tell my parent in laws the good news. How do I dread announcing /my belly showing to reveal. What should I do and handle this?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think talking with your hubby is impt and getting him to understand how you feel and how he shld support you. My mom always told my hub that my mom entrusts me to him so he has to take care of me well and not disappoint her. In a way, you are entrusted to your husband and he shld respect how you feel and how you want to go abt this 2nd pregnanct (congrats btw!) It's never going to be easy dealing with PIL, but hiding from them to me is just going to make their "obsession" worse. My suggestion is to talk it out with your hub and find a way to break the news to PIL without hurting their feelings and to relay your feelings to them abt this 2nd pregnancy. After all, it is you who is pregnant, it is you who is going to give birth and take care of your child. Your sanity comes first! Much love and hugs and i hope everything will go well! ❤❤ stay healthy mama!

Read more
5y ago

Thanks babe!!

Congrats, so happy to know of your pregnancy. Just ignore your MILs comments .. and fill your mind with happy positive thoughts now because it has a big impact on the baby. Also share your feelings frankly with your hubby. Feel free to vent here, we are all here to listen n Support 😊

As much as I would say try and tune it all out and not let her affect you, I would also get my husband involved to talk to her. Tell then you feel the pressure and it does not help the pregnancy. You need to be in a happy stress free state of mind :)

TapFluencer

Congratulations. It is important for a pregnant woman to be happy and not stressed. If you can, wait till first trimester is safely over before you announce the news. Have a chat with hubby to ask for his support and buffet from MIL.

Congrats happy for u. Ya... u can wait till everything is stable then tell them. 1st trimester is the crucial part. Not to put too much stress on urself and try to be more happy then usual. Cheers and happy pregnancy 😉

Dear Mum, I would suggest most importantly here is to talk straight with your husband. If he hasn't understood by now, please sit with him and explain everything point by point on how are these things impacting you

VIP Member

Hi... congrats on your pregnancy. I suggest that you inform your mil after the first trimester. Please don’t stress over this. You should concentrate on being happy for the sake of your baby. Take care

Is there any reason why she wants the grandchild so quick? Is she going to help to take care?

5y ago

True tho.

Tell them 3 month later when thing is stable.