Deep sleeper to light sleeper

I felt very bad for being a deep sleeper mummy where ended my husband took up the night duty.. is there any way to learn be a light sleeper?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Being deep sleeper is not a bad thing so I don't think you need to learn to be light sleeper. It's great that your husband is willing to take on night duties so instead of trying to help at night, why not take full responsibility during the day so husband can rest. And don't worry, the newborn days soon will pass and night duty will get easier and easier :).

Read more
5y ago

My LO going 18months soon.. 😅 he always need assurance that we are around.

VIP Member

It could be because you're too tired during the day that's why you sleep better at night. Dont feel bad, I don't think there's any good way to control sleep, just go with the flow.

Super Mum

I don't think there is a way to learn. Maybe you can show more love and appreciation to your husband for taking over the night duties.

5y ago

Yup.. doing more on that :)

I don't think there is anyway to train. Maybe you should set an alarm then slowly your body will get used to it.

You can discuss with your husband how you can take turns. There’s no proper training for this, unfortunately.

I think part of it is also to set the intention before you go to sleep

Dont think so... im a deep sleeper too, once asleep hears nothing..😂

5y ago

Yea hear nothing.. hubby get annoyed recently..haiz

I wan to learn it too. I only sleep for two hours last night

Hi, The intensity of sleep mainly depend on the mind-set before sleeping.